Here's a list of things for the kids to celebrate Halloween and stay busy this fall. I'll be updating as more info comes in.
- Zoo Boo at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium (Oct. 18-19) http://www.pdza.org/calendar.php?eid=68
- "Celebrate Halloween in Seattle - Tacoma - Puget Sound" http://gonw.about.com/od/halloweeninseattle/Celebrate_Halloween_in_Seattle_Tacoma_Puget_Sound.htm
- Fox Island Birder's Nature Walk (Free! Last Saturday of each month) http://www.foxisland.net/events.asp
- Tacoma Farmers Market (Thursday, June-October) http://www.tacomafarmersmarket
Parking - Ride the Tacoma Link! Park your car at the Tacoma Dome Park and Ride-located at 25th street and D street and take the latest in transportation… the Tacoma Link! It’s Free!
- Tacoma Art Museum - (3rd Thursdays are Free! Extended hours 10 a.m.-8 p.m.) http://www.TacomaArtMuseum.org
The Art Access Pass is a free family ticket to Tacoma Art Museum and the world of art!
Library cardholders can check out an Art Access Pass from their local library and present the Pass at Tacoma Art Museum's admission desk to receive free family admission for four people, not including children five and under, who are always admitted free.
- Library Storytimes - (Most start end of Sept/beginning of Oct). Check your local library for details.
- Ice Skating at the Sprinkler Recreation Center in Tacoma http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/services/recreate/SPR-ice.htm
- Pierce County Parks & Recreation Youth Classes http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/services/recreate/rec_class-youth.htm#Dance%20&%20Tumbling
- For more detailed activities, check your city's parks & rec guide for fall.